Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Welcome to int.cosblog

Welcome to the International cosplay blog. 

This blog is a project started up by a group of cosplayers from Europe. The project itself has been named int.cosblog which is an abbreviation of the words 'International', 'cosplay' and of course 'blog'.

The idea
So the idea of the blog pretty much reflects in the name. We want the blog to be a hub for cosplayers around the world, where we discuss and write articles about the things happening in the cosplay world.

The writers

Casper Jensen / Usk
Age: 24
Main focus in cosplay: crafting costumes and working on props.
Nationality: Danish

A bit of information about Casper: My nick online is Usk, I'm mostly know for the cosplay magazine in Denmark by the name CosMag. I've been cosplaying since 2005 and been a WCS (World Cosplay Summit) judge at three conventions (Connichi 2009 in Germany, AnimeCon 2011 in the Netherlands and at TraCon 2011 in Finland). I love judging cosplay and watch how people immerse themselves into crafting cosplay props and costumes.

Iris Rönkkö
Age: 25
Main focus in cosplay: Craftsmanship, judging competitions.
Nationality: Finnish

A Bit of information about Iris: I've been cosplaying since 2003 and was part of the first Team Finland at the World Cosplay Summit in 2009 with my boyfriend. I've been a judge in about ten or more cosplay competitions, and have a big interest in developing the cosplay scene in Finland. I'm also a seamstress/dressmaker and a huge fabric geek - I often have to stop myself from touching other people's costumes. I just like touching fabrics so much! I am also completely useless with props and afraid of styling wigs.

Janne Rusanen / Elffi
Age: 23
Main focus in cosplay: Crafting costumes, mainly focusing on all kind of props and prop tutorials/lectures.
Nationality: Finnish

A bit of information about Janne:  I was part of the WCS Team Finland in 2011. I'v been a judge in Finnish conventions for 3 years (normal conventions, WCS judge once, EC judge twice). I really love prop making and I'm trying to develope new ways and methods to make props easily.

Elina/Rimppu
Age: 24
Main focus in cosplay: Hosting masquerades, making bootcovers/shoes.
Nationality: Finnish

Bit of information about myself: I've been cosplaying since 2004 and hosting masquerades since 2007. I keep a cosplay video blog and am the media contact for Cosplay Finland. I'm also a part of the WCS Team Finland 2012 and a complete shoe geek.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds amazing this project you have :D can't wait to see how it turns out!^^ And looks like you finally got elffi to join a blog, good job! :'D

    ReplyDelete